Interns and volunteers play a key role at Develop Africa. Each year, volunteers and interns log thousands of hours, expanding our capacity to achieve our mission to empower and change lives.
Interested in being a volunteer or intern at Develop Africa? We’re looking for highly motivated people to support our mission and bring excellent interpersonal and communication skills to the task. Internships and volunteer positions provide a substantive, challenging work experience and will expand your understanding of Develop Africa’s work.
Interns and volunteers perform many of the same tasks and frequently work together on projects, but there are some key differences between internships and volunteer positions at Develop Africa:
- Are usually students in an accredited educational program, or have visas for their year of training after graduation.
- Work for a fixed period with a set number of hours per week. Eight hours is the minimum per week, and a total of 80 hours is an acceptable minimum commitment.
- May work for credit or a college-provided stipend, but are generally not paid by Develop Africa.
- Work on local or virtual (online) projects on a short-term basis or on an on-going basis.
- Work flexible hours
- Review the list of current intern and volunteer opportunities.
- To apply, email your cover letter and resume to info at developafrica dot org with the name of the position to which you are applying in the subject line.
- You will receive a confirmation email and will be contacted, if you are selected as a candidate.