1. Works or posts submitted must be between 250 to 1000 words in length.
2. Develop Africa blog posts are flexible and do not follow a specific style, but we recommend that entries be accessible to the general audience.
3. You have the option of submitting your posts anonymously. Develop Africa will use a generic username for anonymous works and will not disclose your information.
Legal Terms of Service
4. You grant the organization perpetual royalty free license to use, modify, reproduce, translate and distribute any Works you submit to Develop Africa
5. You are the owner of the Works being submitted and have the rights to license to Develop Africa.
6. Develop Africa will not be responsible for any loss or damage that may result in connection to the Works being submitted to Develop Africa.
7. Blog authors on developafrica.org agree that they will create online content in accordance with the law and generally accepted journalistic practices. This includes, but is not limited to, using reasonable care to ensure that facts and statements are true and do not defame or violate privacy, intellectual property or any other rights of any other person or entity. Contributors further warrant that this agreement and the organization’s contemplated use of the materials, does not violate any other contract.
8. Blog authors agree that the content represented as theirs is, in fact, theirs. Any work that you adapt or take (but only in small, fair use amounts) is clearly attributed and, if the source is online, you will add a hyperlink to it.
9. Blog authors shall not submit any User Content protected by copyright , trademark, patent, trade secret, moral right, or other intellectual property or proprietary right without the express permission of the owner of the respective right.
10. Blog authors are solely liable for any damage resulting from their failure to obtain such permission or from any other harm resulting from User Content that they submit. Material used from other sources must meet the Fair Use doctrine and be attributed. Blog authors also agree not to impersonate or otherwise obfuscate their identity or the sources of their information.
11. Blog authors agree that their content will neither violate local, state or federal laws nor will it encourage conduct that violates any local, state or federal law, either civil or criminal. This includes, but is not limited to, content that is abusive, libelous , defamatory, that invades privacy or publicity rights, is vulgar, is obscene, is profane, is pornographic, or is otherwise legally objectionable.
12. Blog authors agree to respect the personal privacy of those they create content about, including their sources, potential sources or users of this blog, including commenters.
13. Blog authors agree to be honest, fair and disclose conflicts of interest with regards to the content they produce.
Date: This Agreement is effective on the date you submit your entry.