1. If Develop Africa chooses to accept your gift in kind donation and that item(s) has an apparent value of $5,000 or more, you will need to obtain / provide an appraisal and a completed IRS form 8283 (unless you choose not to seek a tax deduction). To access the IRS's instructions on this form, click here.
2. Develop Africa does not appraise gifts in kind. Donors are responsible for substantiating the value of donated items with the IRS. Develop Africa recommends potential donors contact their personal financial advisors, accountants or tax attorneys for advice about a donation's tax-deductible value.
3. All gifts in kind will be acknowledged with an official letter from Develop Africa and will be included in the Annual Report. Depending on item(s) donated, additional acknowledgements in the form of signage, logo placement, press releases, etc. may also be considered.
4. We receive goods both in the USA and in the UK. Please contact us for more information.
5. We would very much like to receive gifts that we can provide to donors as a "thank you" or incentive gift. If you have new products / items that you would like to donate towards this, please let us know.
Questions: please contact us